If you've been itching to race around Mario Kart tracks in a Mercedes, then you only have about three weeks to wait!
The update will add some much-requested features to the game, as listed:
- Added new feature that can display the course map on the TV screen
- Changed default choice to "Next Race" instead of "View highlight" in the menu that appears after the race of the Grand Prix
- Remember the vehicle parts to be used later / next boot
- In "Mario Kart TV", added ability to copy & edit the highlight video of other players
- "Scoreboard" screen can be viewed and the number of characters that win-loss total number of coins, online play, etc
- Improving the stability of communication during online races
- Fixed some (other) problems
The update also includes the free Mercedes DLC, which lets you race in one of three real-world Mercedes vehicles that you will never be able to afford in real life.
I, for one, am glad to see the option of having the map on-screen. I hope it will let you see the map during multiplayer as well. We'll find out soon enough.
Are you excited to have a real car in a Mario Kart game?