Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mega May, starring Mega Man

If you love Mega Man, then you'll love this month. Nintendo has revealed that all the Game Boy (and Game Boy Color) Mega Man games will hit 3DS Virtual Console this month.

As you can see, we're in for quite a Rush. Mega Man Xtreme, one of the portable Mega Man X titles, hit last week, and its sequel (in which Zero is a playable character) lands at the end of the month. This week, we will get Mega Man II and Mega Man III, both of which are abridged versions of their NES counterparts. On 5/15, we get Mega Man IV, which takes content from Mega Man 4 and Mega Man 5 for NES. Then, on 5/22, Mega Man V becomes available. Mega Man V is unique in that it's an original story with new bosses and weapons.

Should be a Mega May indeed. I can finally play Mega Man III again. You see, I used to own Mega Man III. I had a friend who owned it. I told him I wanted to buy it from him. I gave his dad $10. His dad said, "That game ain't worth $10. I'll take 5." I have a feeling my friend never saw that $5. And I'm ok with that. Because I eventually lost someone stole the game. And I was sad. Until now. Or rather, until Thursday.

Mega Man Xtreme is $4.99, so the other games are likely to be either $4.99 or $3.99. Go buy them or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, yay! So glad Mega Man III will be available again :)
~R