Capcom has announced via their Unity blog that a dozen games are headed to Wii U/3DS Virtual Console by the end of the year, with three more coming later.
The majority of the titles are Mega Man games, but there are a few others thrown in for good measure. The announced games are as follows:
- Breath of Fire, SNES (Wii U)
- Demon’s Crest, SNES (Wii U)
- Gargoyle’s Quest II, NES (Wii U)
- Mighty Final Fight, NES (3DS, Wii U)
- Street Fighter 2010, NES (3DS, Wii U)
- Mega Man 5, NES (Wii U)
- Mega Man 6, NES (Wii U)
- Mega Man 7, SNES (Wii U)
- Mega Man X3, SNES (Wii U)
- Mega Man Zero, GBA (Wii U)
- Mega Man Battle Network, GBA (Wii U)
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, GBA (Wii U)
Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3, and Mega Man Zero 2 are also in the works, but may not be released this year.
Specific release dates have not yet been announced, but we are still in the middle of E3, so we may get more information in the next few days.
This is awesome news for Mega Man fans! Mega Man Battle Network is one of my favorite games of the GBA era, so I’m glad that other gamers will have the chance to give it a whirl. Here’s hoping Nintendo announces a unified Virtual Console so I can play these games on Wii U and 3DS.